Articles from Academic Journals and Publications
- Kelley, S.J., Whitley, D.M. & Campos, P.E. (in press). Differential impact of an intervention for grandmothers raising grandchildren. Journal of Intergenerational Relationships.
- Kelley, S.J. (2018, Summer). Children raised by Grandparents. The Georgia Pediatrician. Published by the Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, 12-13. view
- Whitley, D. M. (2016). Recruiting and Retaining African American Custodial Grandparents in University-sponsored Research: An Opening Dialogue. Families in Society: The Contemporary Journal of Social Services, 97(1), 58-66.
- Whitley, D. M., Kelley, S. J., & Lamis, D. A. (2016). Depression, Social Support, and Mental Health: A Longitudinal Mediation Analysis in Younger vs. Older African American Custodial Grandmothers. International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 82(2-3), 166-187. doi:10.1177/0091415015626550
- Whitley, D. M., Lamis, D. A. and Kelley, S. J. (2016), Mental Health Stress, Family Resources and Psychological Distress: A Longitudinal Mediation Analysis in African American Grandmothers Raising Grandchildren. J. Clin. Psychol., 72, 563-579 doi: 10.1002/jclp.22272
- Kelley, S.J., Whitley, D.M., & Campos, P.E. (2013). Psychological Distress in African American Grandmothers Raising Grandchildren: The Contribution of Child Behavior Problems, Physical Health, and Family Resources. Research in Nursing and Health, 36, 373-385. DOI: 10.1002/nur. 21542
- Kelley, S. J., & Whitley, D. M. (2014). General Considerations in Kinship Care. In R. Reece, R. Hanson, & J. Sargent (Eds). Treatment of Child Abuse: Common Ground For Mental Health, Medical and Legal Practitioners, (pp. 96-108. Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press.